I have chosen to use an image of myself for today's post, as a reminder, that even with all of the highs and lows of the last month, I'm still capable of rocking my smile.
I haven't written a post in so long, I thought I may have forgotten my login details. Spoiler alert, I didn't.
Whoever said it was easier to find a job, whilst in your current one, clearly does not work for my company. Finding the time to speak to people, let alone apply or interview has been full time work in itself. It's also a very overwhelming process. On top of that, there's dealing with the disappointment of not getting jobs that I've interviewed for. That was difficult to deal with, as it made me feel a little rejected and for a minute like I wasn't good enough. Some companies have been nice and given feedback as to why I was unsuccessful. Some have just given radio silence. Some will only consider you, if you have experience in that particular industry or role, which can make changing careers a little daunting. Job searching this time round has been a real eye opener. But I'm doing my best to remain positive, that something great will come my way soon.....so watch this space. Below are a few things I learned whilst looking for a new job...
1) Monotony - Lets be real, job hunting can be super boring. Applying for job after job, especially if you are not getting any results can make you want to punch your laptop. Try uploading you CV to some of the main job boards, so at least employers can see you, when searching for candidates.
2) Alerts - Set up alerts for the type of roles you're looking. That way roles you may be interested in can be emailed to you. The 5 I like to use are:
3) Linkedin - If you don't already have a Linkedin Profile...get one. Its great for looking for jobs, following companies and keeping up to date with whats going on the employment world.
4) Job Specs - Really read through these, to understand if its a job you definitely want. Take note of whats required from you, but also what the company offer. Finding a job is not solely about what you can do for a company, your best interests and well being matter too.
5) Discouragement - The most important one of all. Trust me, its easy to become discouraged, when you're not hearing back from people and you start to panic. We all have bills to pay, so not getting responses can start to weigh heavily on us and this can draw you into a negative head space. Try to remain positive. Even as I'm writing this post I don't have another job to go to. But I'm keeping my head up and having faith that it will work out.
As the above has left me rather.....lets say a little discombobulated, I've been spending more of my time out socialising with friends. Which, don't get me wrong has been great for a laugh and giving me a multiple sounding boards, but little less great the morning after. However despite the 6pm Prosecco runs, I've made time for a couple of other things
I sure as hell made the time go and see Fast & Furious: Hobbs and Shaw - 😍 Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham and Idris Elba, all on the same screen, now that's what I call a dream team. I mean not literally obviously, as Idris played the baddie (and a damn good one at that) But minus the perving on the 3 hotties, I enjoyed the plot and all of the action. My friend that I went to see it with did not agree, so needless to say we are no longer friends. Just Kidding. Kind of 😅 Those of you that know me, are aware that I like a cinema trip. If you get the chance to visit an Everyman Cinema - I highly recommend it.
If you are ever in the Kings Cross area drop into Granary Square. There are soooooo many Bars and Restaurants to check out that you would not even know are there. To name a couple....
Little Creatures - Little Creature - They have an onsite brewery. Obviously I had prosecco, but my friend tried one of their beers and didn't complain. Which says a lot...lol
The Lighterman - The Lighterman - Located in a beautifully shaped building with seating inside and out, across 2 floors over looking the square. They do one of the best Calamari's I've had in some time and a mean lamb chop. Good for chilling with friends or date night.
Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anybody shit on your rainbow 💓