29 August 2019

Goodbye My Friends, Its Not The End.....

Some of my leaving gifts

After a year and 4 months, the time came to say my goodbyes to team Cisilion  ๐Ÿ˜ข


My departure can best be described as bitter sweet. Obviously, I wanted to give up  job, but that meant giving up spending everyday, with some of the greatest people, I've had the pleasure of working with. Its been, what's felt like an entire month of drinking and laughing to bring to a close a pretty epic chapter of my life. Not too mention the beautiful basket of leaving gifts that I got.๐Ÿ’› 


Not only have I made amazing friends with some, of the people I've worked with, I've also gained some new buddies throughout the building. The universe really does bring the most unexpected people into our lives. Like my wonderful sales support team - my awesome partner in crime Sabs, my weird but lovely Victor, my always smiling sweetheart Demi and my Darling Nutjob Caroline aka Sarah. LOL (Inside joke) Oh and Bob and Judy (also an inside joke) Yes, Caroline and I spent a lot of our time talking about stupid funny shit. My favourite  account manager (don't tell the others, although I'm pretty sure they already know...lol) My Fabulous work wife Dee aka My Deidre. My Incredible ladies at reception - my Navjit, my Shan, my Roberta and Mumsie Lynne to name a few.

When I woke up Saturday, after my epic leaving do (well the final one) it dawned on me, I'd no longer be seeing all of these beauts on a daily basis and that made me a little sad. It also reminded me, once I start a new job, I'll have to go through the motions of getting to know new people again. None of which, will replace you guys above mentioned up, just to be clear ๐Ÿ˜… Its the end of an era, but I've made friends that I will carry into my future.

Now that one chapter has closed, it leaves room for a new one to open. Overthinking me, went into overdrive about what that means. What will this new chapter be? Will it work out? However, I'm reminding myself to be excited rather than scared. Too look forward to what the future could hold, rather than to panic about it. Its a new start after all. Anything's possible. #newbeginnings

So I decided to take this week to relax, have a little me time and to work on getting my mind ready for this new chapter. I've been doing HIIT workouts and a little bit of yoga, whilst working on my tan and catching up on some TV shows. I've even started meditating again. I want the next step in my life, to be THE step in the right direction, so I'm taking actions now to make that happen.

Before my last day at Cisilion, we had a cheese and wine session put on from the lovely ladies at Landmark. They had a motivational speaker come in, who spoke about his journey for creating new habits. Over the last 10 years him and his wife and created 40 new habits as part of the quest to lead a better life. The one thing he said that resonated with me, was about his best practice to creating these habits. He recommended that we do not form too many habits at once. As well as not establishing too many habits, we should also take our time when creating them. Start with either 2 little ones or 1 big one at a time, and to slowly integrate these into our lives. i.e. if you decide to start going to the gym, on your first day, don't hop on the treadmill and try to run 100k, because the likelihood is, by day 2 or 3, you will have burned out and it wont go back. So I'm on a mission to incorporate small habits into my life at a pace that helps them stick.

Mindset is my first one. Without that, nothing else will fall into place.

As I say goodbye to August (and apparently play-suits, as the sun looks like its packed its bags and pissed off for another year) below are a few experiences I've had with friends, that were positive, entertaining and quite frankly a laugh.

Dee's Baby Shower - A beautiful day, spent with the girls, to celebrate the pending arrival of baby Aurora. The weather was great, it gave me the opportunity to travel to Kingston-upon-Thames for the 1st time, drink pink prosecco and get on a bouncy castle for the first time in over a decade. 






Dinner Date With Me Linz - My lovely Lindsay was over from South Africa. So we went for drinks and a little dinner at Granary square to have a go old catch-up













Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anybody shit on your rainbow ๐Ÿ’–

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are and this one was beautiful and so much fun ☺️X

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful new chapter in your life. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much, I’m looking forward to it ๐Ÿ˜x

      Delete