13 October 2019

37 Years Young

So it's official, I'm now 37 πŸ˜ƒ


Photo by ASHLEY EDWARDS on Unsplash

I actually didn't mind turning 37. I'm grateful to be able to add another year to my life. A luxury not extended to so many.


Upon turning 30, I assumed, by the time I was this close to the big 4 0, I’d at the very least be married and either have or be onto my second child. As it turns out, I'm as far away from that actuality as England is from Australia.

I expected this reality to cause me to feel mountains of dread as I rolled into this birthday. However, I actually feel more at peace with the way life has turned out than I thought possible. I'm filled with  less panic about not walking the path I’d imagined for myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ruling out the husband, 2 kids and pet fish (I’d like to think I could it could be a dog, but I still haven’t quite got my head around picking up poop with a plastic bag yet). I’m simply allowing room for a different possibility of happily ever after.

With that being said, I wasn’t 100% sure, that as another birthday approached and me still having no real idea of where my future was heading, that I wouldn’t be on the sofa wrapped in a fleece blanket, knocking back the  Prosecco, whilst shoveling down a Red Velvet cake getting through as many  romcoms and Disney films as I could  manage before my eyes were to puffy to open from all of the ugly crying. Thankfully, that’s not how it turned out. 

I was however, in bed for over week with a stupid ass viral infection. As much as I got to catch up on KUWTK, it also meant I had to lay waste to my celebratory plans. I managed to get to my annual daddy daughter birthday lunch. But paid the price, by getting caught in the rain and therefore getting even sicker. Over the last 10 days I've gone from feeling achy and dizzy, to snot nosed and sneezy, to vomiting with high temperatures. Not the way I’d hoped to spend the first week of being 37, but as they say “Shit Happens”. The universe clearly had other plans for me.





I'm happy to report, I’m now feeling better and am  back on fighting form and looking forward to getting the next year of my life off of the ground. I started this blog because I love writing and wanted to see if I could create something I was passionate about and document my journey to living my best life. “I want more from life” than I've had up until now. Since starting this blog the biggest lesson I’ve learned is, that my better life starts with me. Over the last 6 months there has been many ups and downs. There’s been times I thought I was getting worse rather than better. There’s been mistakes and lessons. There’s been trying new things and doing things differently as well as understanding more about my emotions and the effects they have on my decisions. But it’s all led to me feeling positive about moving forward.

A big part of that is realising that I need to start enjoying life more. Yes, I want to lose weight. Yes, I want to be physically, mentally and emotionally stronger,  Yes, I want to drink differently to the way I have been and Yes, I want to get more from life. But along the way of obtaining all of this, I forgot about actually enjoying myself. I’d forgotten that as much as I want to strive to get my shit together, I can’t get lost in that. I need to remember to enjoy the small moments like creating a Christmas Jazz playlist on spotify. Or finding a new way to prop up my pillows in bed to relax more when watching TV or reading. Or even finding out Nandos now deliver to my house. So for the next couple of weeks the mantra is “ENJOY” Keep working on being better, but learn how to enjoy the process.....and life!


Goals for a October


  • Enjoy Life
  • Morning Yoga 
  • Detox
  • Pinterest (Searching for Pins make me happy 
  • Be Present


Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anybody shit on your rainbow πŸ’“

11 comments:

  1. Hey, I hope to achieve your October goals! And I can tell you that 2020 will be the best year ! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I love the message of your post! Change starts with you, but no matter where you are in life or what direction you're going in, you can't forget to have fun along the way. And that doesn't stop the older that you're getting. I was nervous about turning 30, but this has been one of the better years of my life, so why was I so worried?? I'm so sorry you were so sick though, that sounds horrible! I hope you're feeling a lot better!

    Great post!!

    Emily | https://www.thatweirdgirllife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun 😊I hope your year continues to be great. 30’s are actually a lot more fun that I thought they would be

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! What a lovely post, I really hope I don't have to get my shit together by 37 as its not far off and there just isn't enough time for that!!

    I am glad you're feeling better now and I hope you smash your October goals x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you luvly and no you don't have to get your shit together by 37 🀣 You get it together when it shits you.

      Thank you for love ❤️

      Delete
  4. Happy 37th birthday. Glad you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete