15 March 2019

Daddy’s Girl

So my dad posted the below to Facebook today and it just reminded of what an amazing (albeit literally crazy) father I have. 


Don't get me wrong, he’s not crazy because he posted this pic, he’s generally just an absolute loon. However despite him being way to upbeat at 7 in the morning (yes he is one of those irritating morning people who’s all sunshine and rainbows at the crack of dawn, whereas I’m a “talk to me and you will get stabbed in the eye” kind of morning person) I wouldn't change him for the world. We have had our ups and downs but he truly is the best dad I could ever have asked for. We have one of the best daddy-daughter relationships the world will ever see and no I'm not being biased its true, people have said as much. Which is weird because I don't even like him 😂 (you would need to have met us to understand why that's funny)

Now the reason this pic made me laugh, was because this is exactly how he raised my sisters and I. Be the nicest person you can be, but fuck someone up if you need to. Personally I think it's a damn good motto to live by. Be kind to everyone you meet, but remember some people will take kindness for weakness. When they do, a little right hook to their oesophagus is a subtle way to set them straight (again I'm not advocating violence, don't go around punching people because they say or do something you don't like) But you have to be able to stand up for yourself or people will just take the piss. That can take practice for nice people, they see the good in everyone. Which is not a bad trait to have but can leave them open to getting hurt more often than they deserve.  I'm not saying to be a complete asshole (unless you're Deadpool - because lets be honest he does it well)  to avoid the world walking all over you, you have to find a happy medium. Which is where the above motto comes in. 

So today's post is a shout out to my amazingly kooky, would go John Wick on your ass for his kids, understands not sharing cheesecake Daddy. I love you loads. Still don't like you, but definitely love you and am grateful that you found me. Yes, my dad does tell me people that I am his daughter because he found me in a gooseberry bush. Like I said he’s a nut job 😂😘







Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anyone shit on your rainbow ❤️

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for I think your kind words you mean the world to me and I love you then now and forever well sometimes

    ReplyDelete