09 March 2019

Biting the Bullet

I have been super busy over the last couple of weeks, and as well as not being able to focus enough time, on getting this lovely little addition of happiness to my life off the ground, I have not taken enough time for myself.


Today I was up at the crack of dawn (literally, even the sun was like ”are you sure”) to do the food shopping with my dear old daddy. I had planned on doing walk the walk upon my return - as I haven't managed to over the past couple of weeks. But I ain't gonna lie, it was cold as fuck this morning and as soon as I stepped back in my house and felt the central heating, walking outside for 2 hours was no longer an option. So I made some kippers and eggs for breakfast, wrapped myself up in my fleece blanket and took relaxation to a new level. That was going well for a couple of hours, but then in true me form, I started cleaning my room.  Sometimes it can be good to have a cleanup or a clear out. It can be very relaxing for the mind. I read an article in closer magazine (it was either that or heat, I only keep the two in my bathroom on a weekly basis, I mean you should always have something to read on the toilet right) A lady said she cleared out 6500 items and she felt great for it. I'm willing to bet that she did. However, If I cleared out that many items I’d  probably be walking around naked with just my phone. I do appreciate not having too much clutter though, it's amazing how much that can stress you out. After getting stuck in, dusting on top of the wardrobe and re-arranging my shoe boxes, I figured I had earned a cuppa and a couple of biscuits 😁

I have spent the rest of the day setting up social media for this blog. Yes, the time has come for me to finally let the world know that I am writing a blog and am actually trying to make it a part of my future. I'm definitely scared of the reactions of people I do know and people I don't. But I cannot stay in my safe bubble forever, its time to take the next step. So I have added to my Instagram, created a Facebook page and have started sharing posts to it, Twitter and Pinterest. Should I be going back to the first and sharing them all? Should I just be sharing from today onwards? Are my blog and social media professional enough to make this work? The answer to all of the above is I don't know. This is definitely a learning on the job kind of situation. I'm just happy that I have been doing this long enough that I  feel confident enough to share it with the world. Happy that I enjoy writing my posts. Happy that it's giving me something else to work towards.

Until I figure out how to link my social media accounts to the sidebar or my blog, please see the info below

FB Page: Shenelle Bowen
Twitter: @babygirlbowen
Instagram: babygirlbowen
Pinterest: Shenelle Bowen

Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anyone shit on your rainbow ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment