23 March 2019

Girlie Giggles & Roman Fries

Managing to go out for a few drinks on a Friday night, and not ending up going out out, is definitely going on my list of achievements for this week. 


It started off with the customary “Let’s just go for one” which 9 times out of 10 is just the opening line, to either an epic adventure or a catastrophic memory bank of events the following morning. Thankfully last night resulted in 5 Proseccos, Roman Fries ( Chips with Parmesan, truffle and rosemary - which I actually got for free as they brought over haloumi fries instead), a good girlie chat with my work pal Sabs and tucked up in (albeit slightly tipsy) with an M&S chocolate bar by 11pm.

All in all, it was a successful attempt at not joining the hungover herd this morning. We also had quite the giggle. We talked about everything from our current endeavours to brexit. She encouraged me (with the help of one of our new colleagues, who should hopefully be bringing in a duck Shepard’s pie next week 😋) to join bumble. She reassured me to keep up with my blog, as not only had she seen a difference in me since I began writing it, she also enjoys reading it. Which made my jaw cramp up from smiling. I helped her to covertly “redistribute” 😆 some flowers from one location to another, as well as discussing her need to go on holiday. She wants to relax but more importantly, wants to get a tan. I told her I also needed to work on my tan, to which she gave me the look most people give me when I say that. Probably because I’ve been rocking a pretty decent tan since birth, but we can all use a top up. She was weighing up the options between actually getting away to somewhere sunny or fake tanning. I couldn't really weigh in on this as I have never fake tanned, which the look on my face probably conveyed as rather than expect an actual answer from me on the subject, she simply replied “White Girl Problems” to which we both almost fell off our chairs with laughter. 

She is probably one of the most random people I have ever met, and I need a mute button for her when she's had her afternoon Starbucks (think toddler drinking a can of coke). However she really does have the biggest heart, is always up for a laugh, gives me the most jokes and is just an all-around cool cat. 

Now as much as I wasn't hungover this morning, I didn't drink enough water before going to bed last night, so I did have to gulp down what felt like an entire river upon opening my eyes this morning. But I was up and out by 8 am getting this walk done. I did have to take a little nap not long after getting back, but if you can't nap on a Saturday, what is the world coming to? I also realised - when I saw it pop up on sky movies today, that I have never actually seen all of Wayne’s World. I know, I know, it's ridiculous behavior on my part. I should be rectifying that over the next 24 hours. 







Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anybody shit on your rainbow ❤️

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a pretty great night! It's always nice to spend time like this with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really good night, thank you 😊 Civil but fun...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, it was an amazingly fun evening! Thanks for the laughter, peaking an interest in my white girl problems, being a great flower “picking” accomplice 😂 ..and most of all a damn good office buddy – during and beyond working hours! Much love! Keep rocking & keep it real! ✌️ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww much love to my partner in crime from the above post ❤️😂 It was a such a good night. Same time today? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😂 meet you by the lifts!xx

    ReplyDelete