05 March 2019

Getting Back On Track

I haven't been able to give my blog as much as attention as I would like. I can see why people do this full time.


There is a lot of work that goes into building a blog.  Its not just writing some words on a page and pressing go. As well as committing time to writing, you need to commit to learning the other aspects that go into creating a successful blog.  Thankfully for me I didn't think it was going to be a walk in the park, which is great or I may be ready to quit right now.  I'm super overwhelmed trying understand the different lingoes, but I assume this will all make more sense in due time.  So rather than eating an entire packet of snickers miniatures and stressing over SEO's & Widgets (I know what SEO is now, still think a widget could be an animal in the Zoo) , I have reminded myself that A) I'm only a month in B) The weekend is coming and I can spend a lot more time on it . C)The most important one of all  STOP PANICKING - its my blog and the only pace I need to go at is mine.

I have joined a couple of blogging groups on Facebook and have had some good advice and useful tips. I have managed to add one of my posts to my Pinterest board - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay me. This may seem like a simple task to some. Baby steps are better than no steps. So I have calmed my chaotic ass down in a bid to remind myself that I am meant to be having fun with my blog. The hope is in the next few weeks I will have more of a social media presence, not just to get it out there, but also for the challenge of learning something new- because navigating through this world is like going back to school for me (but this time in a good way)

Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anyone shit on your rainbow 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment