17 March 2019

Superhero Sunday

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, I'm finally well enough to leave my house πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ 


I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed being at home, rather than being swept away by this mad ass wind, like I'm the film Twister. However, I did run out of my house, like I’d just been released from prison for good behaviour yesterday morning. Got walk the walk done and even extended my route giving me a new distance of 11.7k. I have definitely missed it over the last few weeks. It's great for the exercise aspect, but it also gives me time to think or clear my head and because I am now a Fitbit fanatic, since getting my charge 3 for Christmas, it also helps with me hitting my step goal.

Today has started off on a high (literally, thanks to the sugar intake) as my elevenses was a scoop of birthday cake ice cream and popcorn. No, I was not emotionally eating, because we still have no idea what's going on with Brexit. I went to see Captain Marvel 😁 Now, I didn't think I was going to be as into it as the other Marvel films.  Avengers Assemble, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool to name a few -  Yes! I do love marvel films. They're not doing to bad with their TV shows either. Daredevil, Punisher and Inhumans are definitely worthy of a binge weekend. Whereas for me DC are the front runners for TV shows. Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends. Even Gotham was alright. Film-wise DC are falling behind a bit. Don’t get me wrong Wonder Woman, Justice League and Suicide Squad are all epic films in my opinion. But I feel marvel have given me more “I can't wait for the next film” moments. 

Which brings me back to Captain Marvel. Brie Larson played it effortlessly and may have just added Captain M to my Top 5 Bad Ass Chicks List.  Not only did the film depict her back story well, it amusingly shed light on how Nick Fury lost his eye. It was humorous throughout, while sending an important message of, things may not always be as they seem. Just because we are told something for a long time, it does not necessarily make it true.  I won't say anymore as not to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it. But I will say, go fucking see it. It's one of those films I could have literally walked into another screen and watched again straight away. Obviously I didnt, because I wanted to get home and order some food from Uber Eats. Yes, I know it's a Sunday. No, I'm not cooking today. If anyone feels the need to get stressed out about that fact, please bake yourself a pie and eat it. If its apple drop me off a slice. 

All in all I’ve had a good weekend. I will be channelling all of this good energy into having a great week. Of course there is the possibility that some dick for brains will no doubt try to mess that up, but I'm not going to worry about that right now. I'm going to enjoy the fact that it's still Sunday, sort out my eyebrows as they look like I have never even heard of tweezers and catch up on some of my shows.






Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anyone shit on your rainbow ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment