10 February 2019

Getting over Myself

How ironic is it that exactly a week after starting this blog my brain cannot actually settle on  anything to write about today. Sods law.


Maybe this blog was only meant to be a week long. Nah. Its more likely my brain has simply over thought itself into a chaotic state of blankness. So lets start off by calming the hell down and remembering everyday may not be 3000 word account of my off the wall sense of humor. Or a biography of all the serious shit I think about. I cant really tell you a lot about my experiences at the moment  as I am hibernating, but I guess I am going to have to stop pottering around my house and get back out into the world eventually.

I wonder how frowned upon it would be to wear a onsie to work? - See random as fuck

Speaking of experiences, I need to get on with ticking off a few more things on my to do/bucket list. Its crazy that I have lived in London my entire life and there is so much here to see and do that I have not participated in. I only got to the Tate modern at the end of last year (the one at south-bank, as there are apparently 2 now).  The actual building itself is very deceiving from the outside. There's like 10 floors in there and you wouldn't think that, seeing it from the outside. 
Funny fact - there are signs on the outside wall that read "Do Not Climb The Walls" seriously who is doing a Spider-man up the side of the Tate? 

I only went and checked out the free exhibitions. I have never really been into art so I wanted to go see if I liked it and I was pleasantly surprised. My favourite parts - the light show, the statue of radios going back over the last few decades and some seriously amazing bold coloured paintings.  However, there were a couple of items in there, that made we wonder how 4 year old children, are not selling there macaroni pictures for the same shit load of money, some of this art work was probably going for. Now I'm not trying to disrespect the artists or their work.  I know you have to have an appreciation of art, to be able to see past what I saw. Which was a painting that looked like the artist simply cleaned his brush on a piece of paper and sold it to the Tate. I will say its definitely worth a  day trip. Even if you are not heavily into art, there is some really nice stuff to just go and look at. Oh and its also I nice destination for a date πŸ˜‰ They have some nice looking bars and restaurants right outside of it. There is also a really lovely looking Hilton Hotel (which I will be looking at staying in at some point) with a quirky little bar attached to it. 

So once its gets warmer,  I will be making more of an effort to walk around London to see what else there is to be seen and done.  I also would like to get around England more. I have never been to Liverpool, even though they are the football team I support. Yes I know, I don't support a London team, Blasphemy. But they have been the team I have backed since I was 8 years old  (the boy I had a crush on liked them) and I have been loyal to them ever since. No, I have never been to Anfield (or any other ground) to see them play, I rarely ever  know when we are actually playing, let alone if we have won or who is on the team, but if there is any team that is going to have my support and loyalty its them. I would like to check out Newcastle - See what make the Geordie Shore lot go so crazy. Also Manchester, Cambridge and a few others. So it looks like I will be booking a few spa weekends this year. Get in Groupon. 

Looks like my brain has calmed down a bit. But lets not overstretch the poor thing. I want to try and get another film in today. I watched 'Book Club' earlier. Was OK - had some funny moments. 4 older ladies reading the 50 Shades books. The films were great, but the books were better. I know people think the Fifty Shades Trilogy is just about tied up sex, spanking, jiggle balls, whips, handcuffs, cable ties, vibrators and nipple clamps - wait where was I going with this? (I don't quite get nipple clamps, but then again I'm not about the pain pleasure life. Pleasure & Pleasure is all good for me, but as always each to there own) but there is a really good love story behind it. I'm all about the love of Romeo & Juliet, but I will take the evolving love, hot sex and staying alive of Christian Grey & Anastasia Steele all day. There is also a very good lesson on reading contracts before signing them. 

Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anyone shit on your rainbow πŸ’“

No comments:

Post a Comment