03 February 2019

36 & Still Haven’t Got A Clue

Sooooooo, I’m really hoping I’m not the only person who has no clue as to what I am meant to be doing with my life. 


At the great age of 36, everybody around me seems to have it all figured out and be super happy and I feel like I’m sitting in the waiting room of life.  Not married, no kids and have been single since before the first episode of Game of Thrones aired.  I have no clue as to what I actually want to do career wise, so I started reading some articles to help me figure it out and they all say to focus on what you enjoy.  Unfortunately I haven't quite figured that out either. (I know right, you would think I was 6 rather than 36). The one thing I do remember liking when I was younger was writing but that was over 2 decades ago, so I have no idea if I’m actually any good at it anymore.  So I am simply going to swallow a “grow some balls pill” and start writing this blog.

I read an article by Penelope Trunk that said not to worry if nobody is reading your posts in the beginning, which may be for the best, i'm pretty sure my grammar is awful.  However rather than just writing in a diary I figure, I would try writing in public and see if its something I like doing or can do.  If not at least I would have faced my fears and tried something new.  I do not think there is going to be a specific subject I will be writing about, I can be quite a random person, so even I don’t know what to expect from my posts but for right now, that's kind of the point. Getting my random thoughts onto this page.


So where do I even begin. Let’s start with what led me to starting this blog.  I was colouring in my “Shit Happens” colouring in book, it really is stress relieving - today’s word was asshole.  I was trying to break up my day as I have been at home pretty much the whole weekend - its cold and even though I have finished dry Jan, I’m trying not to jump straight back into drinking massive amounts.  Some not great life choices were made in 2018 thanks to my good pal Prosecco. Still love that bitch though 😁.  So I am in hibernation mode, which is cool, but can be boring if there is not someone else there to wrap up in a blanket with.  Now I’m not saying you have to have a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy hibernating, I’m saying that not having someone for over six years has meant I have a closer relationship with Ben & Jerry than I would like. But we have to make ourselves happy first - so I guess that’s where I am going to work harder to focus my attention. I am going to update this blog with all the random stuff I do this year in my pursuit of happiness (good & bad) and see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment