26 February 2019

Connect With The Life You Want

My pursuit of happiness is not just about trying new recipes and keeping fit. I am looking at all aspects of my life to see where I can make changes for the better.


I have been listening to a couple of different podcasts recently, to help with gaining clarity, positivity and re-training my beliefs in myself to undo negative thinking. My CEO life by Ashley Rae is now apart of my morning routine and I’m loving it.  I have a few more that I have added to my library that I want to check out. Happier with Gretchen Rubin, The Chalene Show & The Tony Robbins Show. I have found listening to these podcasts in times of uncertainty, doubt fear and even when happy and just want to hear positive vibes very valuable. They have become a productive tool at giving me guidance and assistance in the form of positive affirmations, setting goals, making plans for my future and helping me towards figuring out, what I want to do with my life and where I want it to go. I don’t have all the answers yet, obviously, but little by little pieces are falling into place. 

I have also come across some YouTube videos from Marissa Peer, that I have found useful and will be adding them to my archive of helpful tools. I think she might be the chick my BFF Rooley told me about.  Its crazy that we are taught, that its crazy to rely so heavily, on the changing of mindsets to effectively change our lives. I’m not saying that in the 3 weeks I have been working with these methods, my life is suddenly all great and I’m a changed person doing amazingly different. But I will say, I have felt a slight shift, even just with keeping up with this writing this blog for my now 16th entry. I’m still get exited about writing it and now its got me thinking about whether I could actually write other stuff. I didnt have that want a month ago. So I’m grateful for that small change. These methods have given me positive reinforcements to dream past what was only a thought 20 days ago.  They remind me to face my fears when contemplating descisions that scare me.  They prompt me to remember that even when I’m not feeling like it, I’m still a bad ass.  Sometimes all we need,  is to remember that we are gangsta like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. 

I have also started practising meditation.  God knows I need to bring a shit load of calm to my life. I can be a tad eccentric at times 😆  I need to work on focussing & slowing down my mind.  There’s a lot going on in that dome located at the top of me.  Meditation is to my mind what HIIT workouts are to my body.  Both will need an effort from me and regular practice if they are going to work.

Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don’t let anybody shit on your rainbow ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment