09 February 2019

Positive Reinforcements

It occurred to me today that I am on a pursuit of happiness over the next year, but I could end up being sadder than when I started. 


We have no control over the unforeseen circumstances, that can arise to turn our worlds upside down. We can only control how we deal with them.  I am trying to do whatever I can to create a happier lifestyle, rather than coasting through the sub-par rat race I'm currently engaged in.  Please don't get me wrong my life isn't awful, I just feel I am doing more existing than living and that's the kind of shit regrets are made of. But what if on my journey to be better version of myself, things goes tits up and I end up worse off.

There are a few things I need to work on within this little adventure - focus, self love, facing fears, trying new things, body confidence.  What if I do not achieve any of them?What if whilst trying to improve the above I fall flat on my ass? The truth is I might fail. The truth also is, I wont know until I have actually tried and worrying about failing at this point is a product of  negative thoughts. Now these little motherfuckers creep up when you need them the absolute least.  If you do not learn how to banish them, like Romeo was from Verona, they can have the worst impact on your day to day life. Good news, there is an antidote. Positive thinking ๐Ÿ˜„ Bad news, like everything worth anything, you have to put in the work to train your mind differently and that can take time.  If you're anything like me and impatience is your nemesis, this will sucks balls ๐Ÿ˜’ I'm well aware that  putting in a consistent effort to get to where I want to be,  will help me to  appreciate my end destination. My problem is I want it now and that's just not going to happen. Not unless Morpheus has come up with a third pill I don't know about. 

So seeing as though its going to be another baby steps situation of me making small changes everyday, I'm going to acknowledge the things I did today to add some positive elements to my life.

Walk the Walk๐Ÿ˜Š - A 10k walk I did this morning and have done every Saturday this year so far.  I started it in 2017 and did it every week barring 3. I slacked off quite a bit last year, but I'm back on it this year. Despite the sun shining brightly, it was not bikini weather, but I still got out there and got it done as you can see below


Garlic & Honey Prawns - I tried a new recipe again today.  Again it was a very simple one, but it tasted amaze balls. I had some tenderstem broccoli which I sauteed in sesame seed oil and garlic. (Seriously, what rock have I been living under that I have only just tried cooking with sesame seed oil today).  I literally could have eaten just a bowl of the broccoli cooked in that.

Blog - So if you have been reading my posts for the last 7 days, you will notice I now have a different theme. I spent a good few hours playing around with this (I can be a little bit indecisive), but I am loving the new look. Red is my favorite colour, in case my hair and lipstick didn't give that away. 

So all in all I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I guess the point I need to remember is, positivity is not going to come easily everyday, so some days I'm going to have to work harder at boosting it. 

Can I just say, that if anyone reading this is having a bad day or a negative thought day, it is temporary. If  you can find something positive to do, no matter how small, do it. But if you're feeling so low, it feels like your head is on the ground, lift it just a little bit. That's a good enough first step. I know you might say its easy for me to say that, sitting on my positive perch today. But believe me, I know what its like to sit on the lowest step. The step that you just don't have it in you to get up from.  The one that keeps you so low, the only peace you get, is when your are locked away in a room, under a blanket, sleeping, because all the things/thoughts that are making you low have stopped for those few hours your eyes are closed. So like I said, just lift a little at at time. 

I have not spent the whole day watching Lego cartoons as I thought I would but all in all have still had a good day and am looking forward to my lie in tomorrow.

Have a great day, remember you are a unicorn and don't let anyone shit on your rainbow ๐Ÿ’“

No comments:

Post a Comment